Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 415 Questions
ED, premature ejaculation..2.5 years for marriage but never had intercourse..
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
need some clarification

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

I do apologize for delay in reply

Kindly clarifying the following, before I answer your query better

1. What medications and what dose did you try with ?

2. Does your wife or sexual partner have vaginismus (painful spasm of vaginal musculature around vaginal opening ) ?

3. Did you have pre-marital / extra marital affairs

4. Do you take alcohol / smoking etc

5. How is your relationship with wife and in-laws and vice versa ?

7 Any kind of stress or overwork at work place or home or financial stress etc ?

I will await for your response
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation 27 minutes later
Hello Sir,
I took 10 mg tadalfil, duralast 30 in the night. But as I said, it gave me real headache n nausea felt me very uncomfortable.
I have a very good relationship with my wife n we love each other very much. No problem with in laws.
We have a 3 month baby as well. Unplanned though but could have been the case while we were desperately trying..but we never had that pleasure..
Yes ,my wife always has got that fear of pain
I had no pre marital affair.. I do masturbate though..
Work stress sometime is there, but that is ok.
please let me know if it answers all the queries .
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answer is elaborative

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the response

Congratulations for parenthood to both of you

Yes, I was reasonably clarified

I agree that tardalafil and duralast can give rise to headache etc that you are referring to.

To my mind, she might have vaginismus, that had perhaps been undiagnosed.

This suspiciousness of vaginismus is strengthened by your sentences "my wife always has got that fear of pain", "desperately trying..but we never had that pleasure"

In such cases, if vaginismus is not treated and is there for a ling period, this can lead to sexual problems in male partner

This is quite treatable. To begin with, to my mind, you can refrain from sexual intercourse for a couple of months more, then let her be examined by a gynaecologist and then by a psychiatrist or sexologist for vaginismus. Till such time you need not worry

Any thing else in your mind, I would be happy to discuss
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation 39 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. We will have that done. However, I am somehow have doubt that I have some problem:
1) I quickly get aroused n loose my control when we foreplay n Ejaculation happens before we actually start intercourse..
2) my erection drops in between and goes up and down during foreplay when she presses it..
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
answer s elaborative

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the acknowledgement

In such scenario, sometimes, the male partner gets worried/anxious/puzzled etc leading to get "de-focused" from "sensations that arouse sexual excitation" leading to loose control etc that in turn lead to decrease in intensity of erection or decrease in duration of erection. This is technically called "sensate focus technique" .
Therefore, when your mind gets "de-focused from sexually arousing sensations erection drops, when it gets focused erection rise.

Merely understanding this principle of sexual cycle and implementing it naturally should help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor