Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi I m 33years male.
My XXXXXXX leaks out within 10seconds during sex.
Most of the time when I m talking in romantic mood with wife, I get leakage problem.
Once I tried with some sex energy capsules for a week before start sex but still no use.
Kindly advice me
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is premature ejaculation, it is treatable

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

You are suffering prom premature ejaculation.

According to the latest diagnostic criteria by DSM 5, premature ejaculation should be defined when there is ejaculation within one minute after entering tin to vagina or even before penetration.

Treatment for PME:

Clomipramine and paroxetine are choice of medicines which are used as antidepressants (For depression dose is higher).
I prefer clomipramine for PME. No significant side effects with these medicines. Initially say for 0-30 days daily after dinner and later on just on the day when you do the sex.
Paroxetine is more potent but it may cause side effects like headache, gastric discomfort, giddiness and sedation. In patients with blood pressure it should be used in consultation with physician/cardiologist.

One molecule called depoxetine has been used specifically for PME and should be taken before 2 hours of sex when required.
These medicines are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for prescription.

Behavioral approaches are as follows for your information:

1. Stop and Squeeze technique can be applied which you can learn from internet and ask me if any query in that.(In brief, method suggests that you should try to divert your mind for a moment when you feel ejaculation arousal and penis should be tightly squeezed with hand inwards by your partner preferably).

2. Kegel exercise also helps in some cases. You can learn the same from internet.

3. Sex counselling of your sexual behavior and methods. Like if you are down and female partner on top, gravity is going to help you for lengthening the time.

4. You should do masturbation before sex (at least 2 hours before ). It will make seminal vesicles somewhat empty and at time of sex semen will take more time to come out.

Another approach:
-Use of condoms. Sometime use of condom, while sex, helps in delaying ejaculation by reducing sensitivity of glans penis.

--Topical application of lignocaine anesthetic gel/spray. For this you have to consult doctor.

Confido is an ayurvedic product and recommended for premature ejaculation.
You can take it with milk every day for 2 months.

If I were your treating doctor I would recommend clomipramine and confido at present with behavioral approach whichever applicable.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Anesthetic

doctor1 MD

I am a female with problems with my groin area. My gynecologist did a sonogram and said that she thought it was a muscle spasm and to go to my PCP...

doctor1 MD

I was give propofol for a procedure and was curious how long it normally takes patients to actually wake up. I was apparently in the recovery room...

doctor1 MD

For the last few months Ive been having symptoms of GERD , thats what my PCP is treating me for. I told him I have pain on the left side just above...

doctor1 MD

I recently received an email alert that Hospira propofol?(the anesthetic) was being recalled. My dr said that was settled in 2012, but the article...

doctor1 MD

I have swollen gums , ulcers on my tongue, and my lower lip has several canker sores. I have been taking metronidazole for the last 3 days. Is this...

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after...

doctor1 MD

Is there a Benadryl -Malox- L:idocaine mouthwash available without prescription?