Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi I m 33years male.
My XXXXXXX leaks out within 10seconds during sex.
Most of the time when I m talking in romantic mood with wife, I get leakage problem.
Once I tried with some sex energy capsules for a week before start sex but still no use.
Kindly advice me
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is premature ejaculation, it is treatable

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

You are suffering prom premature ejaculation.

According to the latest diagnostic criteria by DSM 5, premature ejaculation should be defined when there is ejaculation within one minute after entering tin to vagina or even before penetration.

Treatment for PME:

Medicines:
Clomipramine and paroxetine are choice of medicines which are used as antidepressants (For depression dose is higher).
I prefer clomipramine for PME. No significant side effects with these medicines. Initially say for 0-30 days daily after dinner and later on just on the day when you do the sex.
Paroxetine is more potent but it may cause side effects like headache, gastric discomfort, giddiness and sedation. In patients with blood pressure it should be used in consultation with physician/cardiologist.

One molecule called depoxetine has been used specifically for PME and should be taken before 2 hours of sex when required.
These medicines are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for prescription.

Behavioral approaches are as follows for your information:

1. Stop and Squeeze technique can be applied which you can learn from internet and ask me if any query in that.(In brief, method suggests that you should try to divert your mind for a moment when you feel ejaculation arousal and penis should be tightly squeezed with hand inwards by your partner preferably).

2. Kegel exercise also helps in some cases. You can learn the same from internet.

3. Sex counselling of your sexual behavior and methods. Like if you are down and female partner on top, gravity is going to help you for lengthening the time.

4. You should do masturbation before sex (at least 2 hours before ). It will make seminal vesicles somewhat empty and at time of sex semen will take more time to come out.

Another approach:
-Use of condoms. Sometime use of condom, while sex, helps in delaying ejaculation by reducing sensitivity of glans penis.

--Topical application of lignocaine anesthetic gel/spray. For this you have to consult doctor.

Confido is an ayurvedic product and recommended for premature ejaculation.
You can take it with milk every day for 2 months.

If I were your treating doctor I would recommend clomipramine and confido at present with behavioral approach whichever applicable.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D