Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello Doctor
My name is XXXXXXX I am 31 years old
I am suffering from premature ejaculation
When i penetrate inside my wife within 30 secs I ejaculate causing semen to come out. This I think is delaying baby conception
I have used Duralast and have not seen much improvement
Please suggest any medical alternatives

Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increase the dose upto 60 mg

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concern.
The premature ejaculation commonly occurs when you have high anxiety that leads to over stimulation and discharge of semen even before you penetrate or immediately after penetrating.

It can be treated by both medicines as well as psychotherapy.

As you have already received duralast I advice you to increase the dose of duralast to 60 mg per day as need basis. It is advised that this should be taken about 2 hour before sexual activity. As this is a prescription drug you need to see a doctor in person to get the prescription.

If the 60mg of duralast dose not work than we can plan for another medicine called paroxetine which has better results in premature ejaculation. We will use paroxetine in later course of time as it has many side effects that are not common with Duralast.

The second option is psychotherapy where the therapist will tell you how to prevent the early ejaculation.

Thirdly start practicing kegel exercise which can strengthen the pelvic muscles leading to delayed ejaculation.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for the fast response
Does Duralast have any negative effects in baby conception like (does it affect sperm count or reduce motility etc)
I also had problems with maintaining erection so I also use tadalafil 20mg once in 3 days during when my wife is fertile
Please advice if megalis and Duralast can affect baby conception

Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no reported effect on conception

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me with positive feedback.

Regarding both Duralast and Megalis there is no reported side effect or adverse effect on baby conception. Both are completely safe in regard to pregnancy outcome. Other than that both of these have very minimal side effects like headache etc and no serious side effect occurs due to use of them.

I hope this clarifies the situation and fear of side effects.
"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health".