Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: I am suffering form premature ejaculation problem, earlier I can hold for min whereas not it gradually decline the holding power, now I can't hold for 10 sec
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi.

Detailed Answer:
Hello      XXXXXX,

Premature ejaculation is a very common and treatable problem. Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 Min during sex, or both partners are not satisfied with sex. This problem is not diagnosed with poor ejaculation time during masturbation.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:

*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension, excessive alcohol use and neurological causes.

FOLLOWING STEPS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR TREATMENT:

-Treatment of above conditions (if present) after examination.

-Start jogging in morning for 20-30 minutes daily, as it reduces performance anxiety and improve blood circulation.

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a deep breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

-Stop start technique: In stop start technique, near ejaculation stop all movements, relax and think about something else. Then wait for 1 minute before starting movements. According to number of stops, ejaculation time will come under your control.

-Squeeze- pause technique: squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

-In many persons woman on top position increases ejaculation time, so try this position and experiment with other positions also.

-Condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as Kohinoor extra time) help in increasing ejaculation time. Just wear this as normal condom and start sex after 30-60 seconds of penile massage, as medicine take some time to act.

Follow all these above methods regularly and your problem will solve in few weeks. As you are in XXXXXXX you can also meet me personally for treatment.

Wish you good health.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 21 hours later
Thanks doctor for your revert!

But sorry to say answer is generic and easily available in Internet, need your support to get specific solution
To explain the specific, I am not suffering from any Psychological/Medical problem right now, doing regular exercise as well and already been tried Stop start technique/Squeeze- pause technique solution but still having issued of PE.
Aside don’t want to go with any condoms, so request to support on getting another way around to overcome
Unable to align timing of visiting in hospital/clinic an per your availability, so using Internet option of consulting

Thanks for your support
XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Then..this will help you.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX again,
Thanks for follow up.

You did not mentioned about the already used methods by you in primary query. In treatment of PME, preferred initial treatment is behavior interventions as mentioned above.

In case of poor response or non suitability of some methods (like in your case) I prefer to give following treatment:
-Tab Dapoxetine 30mg: 2 hour before Sex. On demand basis use.
or
-Tab Paroxetine CR 12.5mg, Daily in night.

Wish you good health.