Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
I am 34 yrs old. My height is 168 cm . my weight is 105kg. I do not have heart disease or any chronic disease. I recently got married . I never had sex before. I am having premature ejaculation. what can I do
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions given...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

I understand that you are distressed by your problem of pre-mature ejaculation. Now, the most important step in the management of this sexual problem is a comprehensive evaluation. A proper evaluation will include a detailed medical and sexual history, and a thorough physical examination. This is not only informative to the doctor, but also serves as an opportunity to clarify any doubts of the person, and decrease any anxiety or stress due to the problem. Treatment is then targetted according to the findings on evaluation.

I would also like to let you know that in more than 90% of cases of pre-mature ejaculation in young males, psychological factors play a major role in causing or aggravating the problem. One of the important problems which young men having during their initial few sexual experiences have is a subconscious performance anxiety. This can result from the following doubts or fears.
- Doubts that you won't perform well and satisfy your partner.
- Anxiety or fear about ejaculating prematurely.
- Worries about your attractiveness or body image or penis size

Soon this subconscious performance anxiety becomes a viscious cycle" - that is, anxiety leads to poor performance and poor performance then leads to further anxiety and this keeps on worsening.

So, I would advise you to try the following suggestions:

1) First get rid of thoughts that you may be sexually inadequate or doubts that you may not be able to get an proper erection. Remember that sex is not just a physical act but also a psychological process involving an expression of emotions, intimacy and love. So, just involve yourself in those feelings and stop focussing on your "performance" alone.

2) There are certain specific sexual techniques like "stop-start technique" or "squeeze technique" which have been proven to be successful in increasing the ejaculatory time. Practising these techniques regularly will prevent your penis from being 'hypersensitive' to sensations and thus avoid pre-mature ejaculation.

In the stop-start technique, the penis can be stimulated (by masturbation) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. Then the stimulation is stopped for a while and again the process is repeated a few times.

In the squeeze technique, the penis can be stimulated (by masturbation) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At this point the lower part of the head of the penis is squeezed tightly with the index finger and thumb around for a few seconds till the erection decreases. Then the stimulation can be restarted and the process is repeated a few times.

3) There are certain medication like Dapoxetine (Prilyxet), which can help you with this specific problem of premature ejaculation. But I would advise you to keep this only as a last resort and like I mentioned before, you need a detailed evaluation before starting any medication.

So, you can try the above suggestions which I have given and if you follow them correctly - reduce your performance anxiety, improve your confidence and try the sexual techniques, you will be able to get rid of your problem. In case, you still continue to have the problem, then you need to see a sexologist or psychiatrist for a dtailed evaluation.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor