Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation in an elderly person

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: I am 61 years old and recently I have started having ejaculations during sex with no orgasm. What could cause this to start happening?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
when does this happen

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
You will probably need to see a urologist to find out the cause but let me ask you a few questions that may help me sort out a possible cause.
Are you on any new medications? Do you have problems with erections?
Does this happen every time you have sex? what about when you masturbate?
Are there any problems going on with your partner?
If it does not happen every time then how often does it occur.
There are many reasons why a man may have an ejaculation without an orgasm. If it occurring every time then there may be either a psychological component or a neurological component. If there are no indications of a psychological component then seeing a urologist to determine the medical or neurological cause is probably the quickest way to find out what is going on and get some ideas for solutions.
Please send me some more information so that I can help you with possible causes.
Dr. Robinson
Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Are you on any new medications? No new medications except my Urologist put me on Testosterone Compound, Now at 12 %. about a year ago. I have started some supplements:

Primal Force Ultra Accel, Primal Force Ultra Primal Lean, Nutraluxlife Advanced Clarity and Dr, Whitaker BP Essentials. I am on Cymbata Generic but have been on it for 6 years. And the same for Clonazepam and Remeron generic.

Do you have problems with erections? I do have issues with ED but Viagra works for me.

Does this happen every time you have sex? It has happened the last two times and it seems like it has been getting less orgasmic for about a year or more now. This came on slowly but the last two, there has been nothing. No bells, or whistles, etc.

what about when you masturbate? I have not masturbated in a while. I can try and see if it happens then.

Are there any problems going on with your partner? No

If it does not happen every time then how often does it occur. It is occurring every time now.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
okay, thanks

Detailed Answer:
This is helpful. First you need to get the testosterone level checked. Too low or too high could cause a problem.
If the supplements are new in the last few months I would stop them and see if the problem resolves.
Since it has only happened twice it may not mean that it will happen every time. Still I think seeing a urologist would be a good idea to make sure that there are no correctable causes.
I hope you get an answer soon,
Dr. Robinson
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
I hope you get a clear answer soon.
Thanks for using Healthcare Magic
Dr. Robinson