Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
Hello Doctor, I am 30 year old diabetic patient since last 2 years. I am on insulin taking a dosage of 10 units x 2 per day. I am taking Huminsulin 30/70. I married 3 years back and having a daughter of 2 years. Currently i am having problem with my sexual life. My sexual intercourse does not last more than 2-3 minutes. Early ejaculation is there. Penis is not getting harder. Please suggest
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: check free serum testosterone with sugar control Detailed Answer: Hello 40-70 % of people with diabetes have some kind of sexual problem. The cause of sex problem in Diabetes are- 1-loss of elasticity of cavernous smooth muscles so there is poor effect of N2O on arousal 2-there is deposition of cholesterol and damage to blood vessels in penis so blood supply is reduced at the time of erection. this is the reason of reduced hardness 3-Associated stress causes early ejaculation 4- There is loss of sensations due to damage to autonomic nerves so excitement is reduced , causing less hardness and pleasure The treatment is- 1- particular about the control of diabetes with all dietary and life style changes to be observed as advised by doctor. Please check your sugar levels and if its abnormal you need to set it right as soon as possible. 2- 30 minutes brisk walk daily 3- Eliminating and controlling all other risk factors as you would do for a cardiac problem 4- Yoga asana for stretching, increasing endurance and mental relaxation 5- Besides the above, I also suggest you to check for Free Serum Testosterone level at 9 AM as diabetic patients have reduced testosterone in more than half patients, it worsens the control of diabetes and add actively to sex problems. 6- Avoid smoking Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction 33 minutes later
Thanks Doctor!!!!!! I do not smoke or intake alcohol. Is there any medicine required? Free Serum Testosterone level at 9 AM-------it is a test or something else please explain
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: May need Sildenafil and testosterone Detailed Answer: Hello It is a blood test. You may need medicines like PGE5 inhibitors like Sildenafil and Testosterone Supplement DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor