Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for post pardum depression

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for a couple years for post pardum depression. It worked great and I had no trouble with it. Then recently it started to not work and I haven't found another medication that works as good. I've tried Wellbutrin which didn't work at all and also Lexapro 20mg which I haven't seen much results from yet either. I've taken Lexapro for about 5 weeks with no real benefit yet. I've also been getting ECT treatments through my psychiatrist. I've been having some memory loss but I'm at a loss of what to do. On a daily basis I don't want to live my life And I have no appetite and have lost 20lbs in the last month
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get your physical examination done.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. I thinks you should again consult your doctor because you have mentioned in history about so many medications which did not help you. From your thoughts, its clear that detailed physical examination must be carried out so that your treatment can be changed. You should not change your medicine by yourself without consulting your doctor. Zoloft is good medicine, I thinks you should again talk to your doctor for zoloft. From history you have mentioned , you seems still to be in depression. Even after ECT you are not out of depression, I think you need to change your psychiatrist. You are taking one medicine at a time, your psychiatrist may advise you combination of antidepressant medicines of different groups after your physical examination. Because in your case I do not think single medicine would help you. You must not treat your self by your own with combination of antidepressant medicines without consulting your doctor. Send me report of your physical examination. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask XXXXXXX related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor