Suggest treatment for post laminectomy syndrome

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have had 4 back surgeries over the last 13 years. I suffer from post laminectomy syndrome and am living in SEVERE pain. I have actually considered suicide to END the pain! WHAT are my options? Nobody wants to listen to me and I thought a doctors ears were his GREATEST diagnostic tool
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need epidural analgesia.

Detailed Answer:

With the severe pain like you are having the best way to get rid of pain till full recovery is epidural analgesia. For this you will have to talk to your anesthetist or the pain specialist. Since you got an appointment for 24th Sept it is best to attend an ER or another specialist for pain management.

Alternative therapies like TENS and Acupuncture can also help you to some extent.

I hope this answers your query.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.l/Dr-Praveen-Tayal