Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for post laminectomy syndrome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10447 Questions
I have had 4 back surgeries over the last 13 years. I suffer from post laminectomy syndrome and am living in SEVERE pain. I have actually considered suicide to END the pain! WHAT are my options? Nobody wants to listen to me and I thought a doctors ears were his GREATEST diagnostic tool
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need epidural analgesia.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query.

With the severe pain like you are having the best way to get rid of pain till full recovery is epidural analgesia. For this you will have to talk to your anesthetist or the pain specialist. Since you got an appointment for 24th Sept it is best to attend an ER or another specialist for pain management.

Alternative therapies like TENS and Acupuncture can also help you to some extent.

I hope this answers your query.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.l/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor