Suggest treatment for post inflammatory hyper pigmentation on penis head
Hello and welcome,
I looked at the picture you sent and what I see is some erythema of the corona of the glans penis.
So what caused it:
1. It could be irritation from the friction you described as being rough. Usually this will start to subside in 1-2 days after the irritating event.
2. Since you have had it before and it disappeared, it may be a mild yeast infection. This can wax and wane, and perhaps you already had a bit of it returning which might have made the masturbation hurt.
If it appears to be going away and if you think the first scenario is more likely, you can try a bit of ointment that has zinc oxide in it such as diaper ointments. This will help it to heal.
However, if you do not think it has shown improvement since you first notice it, and if there is any spreading of the rash, I advise using an anti-candida/antifungal cream. Clotrimazole cream can treat candida. As I don't know the brands that you have in Australia, you will need to follow the duration of treatment recommended on the product packaging. In the US, clotrimazole is sold at drug stores without needing a prescription and is used 2 times daily. For a candida (yeast) infection, be sure to dry your skin thoroughly (pat dry gently) and if it is humid where you live, even use a hair blow dryer set on low (or just air) to thoroughly dry it. Wear cotton boxers to allow more air and less moisture and heat (which candida like).
I do not think this is post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation. That is usually darker brown and the inflammation that causes it is usually either severe, or of long duration.
I expect your soreness will be better soon - within a 1-2 weeks.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
Thanks for the answer. I just wanted to clarify that it doesn't hurt at all. Just that one time during the session. If its a yeast infection, should I go to the drs? As its been a week since it has appeared.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry penis head treatment
- Itching inside penis suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for foreskin that is attached to the penis
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation after the use of verruca-freeze
- Suggest treatment for infections of the penis foreskin
- Suggest treatment for small blister on penis head
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Suggest the treatment for micro penis
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis