Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for possible ear infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2349 Questions
i think i have an ear infection. I have pressure in the right ear which is cauing hearing problem and numb filling around the right ear.Ihave had it for about a day
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer below...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query.

Pressure in the ear with numbness could be due to various reasons such as:
1. Impacted wax in the ear
2. Eustachian tube (the tube connecting nose and the ear) block.
3. Fluid in the middle ear.

Infection is usually associated with pain and fever. In the absence of the latter symptoms, I doubt any infection. With your present symptoms, I do strongly feel, there could be wax in the ear

My honest suggestion to you is to get examined by your doctor. Using of medicines in the ear without examination can worsen the present problems.

Hope this answers your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor