Suggest treatment for possible ear infection

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i think i have an ear infection. I have pressure in the right ear which is cauing hearing problem and numb filling around the right ear.Ihave had it for about a day
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query.

Pressure in the ear with numbness could be due to various reasons such as:
1. Impacted wax in the ear
2. Eustachian tube (the tube connecting nose and the ear) block.
3. Fluid in the middle ear.

Infection is usually associated with pain and fever. In the absence of the latter symptoms, I doubt any infection. With your present symptoms, I do strongly feel, there could be wax in the ear

My honest suggestion to you is to get examined by your doctor. Using of medicines in the ear without examination can worsen the present problems.

Hope this answers your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju