Suggest treatment for portal vein thrombosis and mesentric vein thrombosis
Possibly due to collateral circulation.
Welcome to HCM and thank you for the query.
I understand your concern and would like to help you.
More information is required to know the cause of your symptom.
Please let me know the reason for the thrombosis of the portal and mesenteric veins. Did you have any surgery done? Please upload the test results and the imaging studies done.
Though there are multiple reasons one good possible reason for your symptom is that throbbing pain is usually from excessive pulsation of blood vessels. The thrombosis of the portal system leads to the formation of collateral blood vessels in various areas. One of the sites of such collaterals is superior mesenteric veins to retroperitoneal and lumbar veins to the inferior vena cava. This would be in the region of the kidneys and the liver. Similar collaterals may be found on the left between the splenic vein and left renal vein . The pulsation in these vessels when the flow is more can be the cause of your symptoms.
Other causes will be considered when additional information is provided.
Dr Noble Zachariah
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment for portal vein thrombosis
- Aftercare for portal vein thrombosis
- Treatment and cure for portal vein thrombosis
- Diagnosis of portal vein thrombosis
- Portal vein thrombosis causes
- Portal vein thrombosis and acupuncture
- Is portal vein thrombosis hereditary
- Portal vein thrombosis and headaches
- Symptoms of portal vein thrombosis
- Itching portal vein thrombosis
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?