Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for poor concentration and memory loss

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12711 Questions
I need to find a herbal medicine to recover from weak concentration and memory loss

Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Memory problems can be helped by good nutrition and a healthy amount of mental exercise. You can start having pistachio nuts ( Thiamine supplementation) and wheat germ ( Vitamin E).
Herbs like Ginkgo biloba ginseng and XXXXXXX green tea and blue berries are also helpful in improving the memory.
Regular exercise and meditation also help in increasing the brain circulation thus improving the mental powers.
Try to keep your mind busy with reading, crosswords, search a word and by playing Scrabble.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for poor concentration and memory loss 5 hours later
so do I need to take any antidepressant or anxiety medicine to help as I suffer from anxiety or by good nutrition and exercise will help to improve my concentration and memory loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. medicines are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
Anxiety and depression contributes to memory loss and lack of concentration. It is best to get a good anti anxiety drug prescribed from your physician with a low day time sedation after proper clinical examination. You can take all the dietary supplements in addition to it.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor