Suggest treatment for polycystic kidney disease
I am taking medicine to contol my BP..medicines are -Eritel and CTD-c
Also going for morning walk and evening workout in XXXXXXX daily to control my weight.( My height is 5.7 Feet and present weight 79 Kg (reduced 5 Kg in last 3 month)
Is there any treament available for this for normal funtion of my kidney in future..(Old age). What precaution should I take to avoid any problem realted to this disease....?
Continue the medications
Thanks for the query
I understand how concerned you must be about your diagnosis. I will certainly help you with this
Unfortunately, currently, there are no medicines available to retard the progression of the cysts however, fortunately, most patients with this disease do not end up in End-stage renal disease at least till 6-7th decade of life. In other words, it is a very slowly progressing disease. Research are in process and maybe in the next coming years a drug will be released which you can benefit from.
In the meantime here are some instructions
1. Do not fall prey to natural remedies claiming a cure. Some of my patients have come with serious complications. Since this is a genetic defect cure is not possible
2. Control of hypertension and following a low salt diet itself slows the progression
3. Tab Verapamil has proven to benefit the cyst growth, please speak to your doctor and add it to your prescription
4. Continue to exercise and lead a normal healthy lifestyle
I hope I was of help, if you have any further clarifications please get back to me
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Incidence of polycystic kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease and dialysis
- Polycystic kidney disease and amenorrhea
- Is polycystic kidney disease curable
- Polycystic kidney disease ayurveda
- Polycystic kidney disease and cramps
- Dizzy polycystic kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease symptoms
- Polycystic kidney disease pkd
- Polycystic kidney disease and diet
- Suggest remedy for flow of semen in urine
- Are androgen receptors always present in androgen target tissues by birth?
- Should Ecosprin intake be continued when cholesterol is 210?
- Does frequent fatigue indicative of thyroid problem?
- What causes severe headaches?
- What causes sudden explosive sound in mouth?
- What does scars around foreskin after masturbation indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to UTI
- How long does it take for liver enzymes to be normal in a recovering...
- What causes nausea and cold sweats after taking Tami Flu?