Suggest treatment for poison ivy induced itchy bumps on forearms and hands
Short course of corticosteroids will be helpful.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Short course of corticosteroids will be needed if there is no improvement. I would suggest corticosteroids like methyl prednisolone orally for 5 days. Antihistamines like levocetirizine should be taken for 1 week also. You can apply calamine lotion locally also. Methyl prednisolone and levocetirizine are prescription medicines. You can approach your GP for that.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Penis swelling poison ivy
- White bumps with sting on arms poison ivy suspected advise
- Child with swollen arm due to poison ivy exposure treatment
- Treatment for poison ivy on penis
- Treatment and cure for poison ivy rash
- Poison ivy treatment rubbing alcohol
- Poison ivy treatment hydro cortisone
- Poison ivy and bumps or swollen glands on neck
- Benadryl for poison ivy treatment
- Poison ivy skin peeling arms and hands
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?