Suggest treatment for pneumonia

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017
Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
I am an active exerciser, swim and do yoga on a regular basis. Anyway I have noticed in the last two weeks or so I have irritation/pain when I inhale deeply. I remember having this when I was a child, but it would go away in a few days. I've recently moved into a new apartment (new construction); I am not currently ill; completely recovered from pneumonia last January and February. Im 60 years old, female, started a new medication Diclofenac sodium ER 100mg tablet for fibromyalgia, just to take when needed. Thank you.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of musculoskeletal pain is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry for pneumonia or lung infection because you are not having cough or fever.
So follow these steps for better symptomatic relief.
1. Take diclofenac tablet twice daily for 5 days.
2. Avoid movements causing pain.
3. Apply warm water pad on affected areas of chest.
4. Avoid heavyweight lifting and strenuous exercise.
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these in 5 days.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.