Suggest treatment for pleurisy

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hello. I have been diagnose with bilateral lower lobe airspace disease 7 days ago and I have pleurisy without effusion. I am still in pain and I take naprosyn and an inhaler with albuterol plus antibiotic.My pain due to pleurisy is getting better but the pain is still there. Is it fine to travel by plane for 5 hours for me. Planning to travel on Tuesday which is the 9 th day since I was diagnosed.. pls advice. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can travel by plane.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

Your pain is due to pleurisy which you have had along with bil airspace infection. You are already taking all the required medicines and from your description it seems you are on the way to recovery. There is no harm in travelling by air.You may take a pain killer just before starting your journey. You should be fine.

Hope this answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist