• question-icon

Suggest treatment for plantar fasciitis

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I was tld that i probably have plantars fasciitis by a Dr that didn't even do an exam. Is it normal to feel bone spurs or splintered rock like substances in my heel? I do all the stretches and wear the boot at night but the pain won't go away. Could it be something else?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spurs can cause fasciitis.

Detailed Answer:
The feeling of bone spurs in the heel is not normal and is suggestive of plantar fasciitis. The spur can cause pain and inflammation. in case the pain is persistent then local steroid injections can help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon