Suggest treatment for plantar fasciitis in left heel

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have plantar fasciatis in my left heel. Nothing has helped bwhat should I do next to getbrid of this pain. Are there injections for it
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use certain drugs for nerve pains like duloxetine or gaba pentins

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems as you have already been through alot since you are looking for more prompt analgesia whether injectable or oral. I can understand the cause of your irritation as pains can be debilitating. I would suggest that you should discuss with your primary regarding using more potent analgesics or nerve pain masking agents like duloxetine or gaba pentins. These have shown some promising results.

Using carbamezapine is of good response in my clinical settings. More potent analgesics like morphine derivatives are used in severe cases like in injectable or oral forms. Using nerve blocks in severe cases by pain medicine specialists or anesthetics are last resorts.

You should also use by vitamins B12 and folic acid supplements along therapy. Using soft soles and shoes with good shape and built recommended by orthopedician should be used. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T