Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2942 Questions
I was diagnosed with pityriasis (PLC) most of it has disappeared from the trunk, fore arms, palm And sole but the situation on my testicles and the skin on penis is not improving . It gets ok then some patch where skin is disappearing some extra moist patch and dries and skin peels of is exprtemly disturbing pls advise
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for oral doxycycline

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I would recommend you to go for oral antibiotics like tablet doxycycline 100 mg once daily at bedtime. Its a prescription medicine taken under guidance of a doctor.
This will help in faster clearance of the lesions.
Besides this you can continue applying tacrolimus and fluticasone on the affected areas.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea 5 hours later
Dear dr
Can tacrolimus and gluticasone be applied on the skin patch on testicle where the normal skin is not there of and is moist also how long we take doxycycline antibiotic . Thanks and rgds
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doxycycline for 4-6 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Yes tacrolimus and fluticasone can be used on the affected skin on the scrotal sac.
You need to take doxycycline for at least 4-6 weeks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor