Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea

Dermatologist
Question
I was diagnosed with pityriasis (PLC) most of it has disappeared from the trunk, fore arms, palm And sole but the situation on my testicles and the skin on penis is not improving . It gets ok then some patch where skin is disappearing some extra moist patch and dries and skin peels of is exprtemly disturbing pls advise
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for oral doxycycline

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I would recommend you to go for oral antibiotics like tablet doxycycline 100 mg once daily at bedtime. Its a prescription medicine taken under guidance of a doctor.
This will help in faster clearance of the lesions.
Besides this you can continue applying tacrolimus and fluticasone on the affected areas.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea 5 hours later
Dear dr
Can tacrolimus and gluticasone be applied on the skin patch on testicle where the normal skin is not there of and is moist also how long we take doxycycline antibiotic . Thanks and rgds

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doxycycline for 4-6 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Yes tacrolimus and fluticasone can be used on the affected skin on the scrotal sac.
You need to take doxycycline for at least 4-6 weeks.