Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 4 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello XXXXXXX sir,

if u can u can re-call me , I have got benefitted by ur suggestion for my skin infection( pityriasis rosea)

I have taken the course suggested by u, it got faded almost, and I have stopped the course a week ago.

but today I observes the infection is getting emerged again on my face, I do experiencing the itching
could u please provide ur suggestions on medication for the same.

thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pictures required

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Yes I definitely recall your situation and I am glad that my advise proved useful and your condition got resolved.
The new development of itchy lesion of face doesnot seem to be part of pitriyasis rosea as its usually not recurrent condition.
But its inconclusive to say anything without having look at your condition.
Therefore, I request you to post some clear pictures for better understanding.
I will revert as soon as I review the pictures.
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 5 minutes later
hello sir, please find attached snaps
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the pictures and as I said its not Pityriasis rosea. You have developed hives or also called urticaria. Its an allergic reaction of skin where transient itchy raised bumps appear on skin and are caused due to some allergen. Allergens could be anything but most commonly It is seen after food or drug intake.
The best treatment is the avoidance of allergen as far as possible.
For now take tablet Omnacortil 10 mg twice a day for 5 days along with tablet levocetrizine 5 mg twice a day. Apply dermadew caloe lotion or any calamine lotion for soothing.
If the repeated episodes keep occuring( which actually does happen in many people) then a consult with a good dermatologist is a must. He will try to figure out the possible allergen from history and basic investigations. If required special allergy tests like patch tests and prick test can be done.
At present, I dont think there much to worry. Just follow the treatment I advised and I am sure you will be fine.
Let me know if you require any further assistance.
Wish you good health,
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 2 minutes later
thanks a lot
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
---

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome, XXXXXXX