Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea on skin
Pityriasis rosea, no treatment required
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to be developing pityriasis rosea .
Now this is basically a harmless skin condition . There is development of red oval lesions over the trunk and upper parts of limbs. This can continue to occur over a few weeks. There is no definitive treatment for this condition . Topical steroid cream like cortisone can be applied over the affected areas if there is itching. In most cases, application of a moisturizer or oils twice a day suffice.
Also it is important for you to know that this is a self limiting skin condition and is not contagious .
Dr Geetika Paul
Mild fungal infection of skin
Since the lesions have been present since quite sometime now, it is clearly against the possibility of pityriasis rosea.
I suspect a fungal infection called pityriasis versicolor in your case.
You should start application of a topical antifungal cream like canestan cream over the affected areas twice a day .
These lesions usually do not itch much, so no need of antihistamines .
You should continue application of the medicine for atleast two weeks.
I am sure it should get better with treatment .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Apo prednisone treatment for pityriasis rosea
- Pityriasis rosea peeling skin
- Pityriasis rosea skin rash
- Treatment and cure for Pityriasis rosea
- Pityriasis rosea treatment tanning
- Suggest treatment for pityriasis rosea
- Pityriasis rosea natural treatment
- Marijuana treatment for pityriasis rosea
- Tanning bed treatment for pityriasis rosea
- Pityriasis rosea black skin