Suggest treatment for pituitary tumors
I FEEL I MAY HAVE HAD IT ALL MY LIFE. I ALSO SEE AN OPTHAMOLOGIST REGULARLY.
we do not know exact causes
Hello and thank you for your question.
Doctors do not know the causes of most pituitary adenomas.
What we do know is that there seems to be some genetic predisposition to these tumors. They tend to run in some families. In other cases there is no family history so we think these patients may have had some mutation that occurred to cause the adenoma.
Pituitary tumors are also found in people with some genetic syndromes called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasias. These patients will have tumors in multiple hormone glands.
There are no know environmental or life-style related risks for pituitary adenomas.
Please let me know if you have other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pituitary tumor and adderall
- What treatment is suggested for pituitary tumor
- Treatment and cure for recurrent pituitary tumor
- Ayurvedic treatment for pituitary tumor
- Pituitary tumor on ct scan
- Treatment and cure for pituitary tumors
- Symptoms of pituitary tumors treatment
- Pituitary tumor and macular degeneration
- Pituitary tumors agent orange
- Pituitary tumor after adrenalectomy
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?