Suggest treatment for pitting edema in leg

Question
I have pitting edema in one leg....no kidney, liver or heart problems. I am in good shape. I had surgery on my other leg, the Brevis Tendon was fixed and a ganglion cyst was also removed, This surgery was 6 weeks ago.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Lymphedema

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

The likely cause of your edema is Lymphedema. Its quite common after surgery of the limb. I assume there is no pain and redness of overlying skin in the affected limb.
If it is associated with pain and discoloration then possibility of Deep vein thtombosis needs to be considered and ruled out.
Exact diagnosis will depend on good clinical examination and assessment. I would suggest you to consult your Physician for further assessment.

In the meantime you can send me the clinical photograph for Evaluation

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD