Suggest treatment for pisgastric stabbing pain
I discussed my symptoms with another md the other day who was very helpful. I was getting severe episgastric stabbing pain which went away quickly, just frequently, with burning feeling throughout my abdomen. The pain seemed to happen when I tried to eat or drink. Well the pain had gotten worse during the course of the day. I finally went to the er. Blood work good; blood sugar a bit elevated at 133 which has always been 70-80. They gave me pepcid iv and fluids which decreased the pain. They sent me home with lazoprazole and sulcarate (carafate). They didn't tell me what it was. At this time, the epigastric pain has subsided but pain and burning persists throughout the abdomen plus severe nausea. Could this be the medicine or an ulcer dont know what to do? Thank you for your help.
the medication are not responsible for the symptoms
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Both Sucralfate and Lansoprazole are not responsible for the burning pain and nausea. I would have liked to add metoclopramide and bismuth subsalicylate to the treatment you have been prescribed, if you were my patient, as I use this regimen in my clinic with good results. Based on your description , the symptoms point towards exacerbation of GERD. Empirically , GERD/Dyspepsia and associated gastritis can be treated with PPIs and above medication for at least two weeks. If the symptoms persist then an upper G.I endoscopy should be done to look for other causes including peptic ulcer disease. Try to take small meals at regular spaced intervals. 30 minutes of exercise should be done regularly preferably twice daily. Try to Avoid cola, caffeine, ice cream and over processed food. Avoid eating at least 3 hours before going to bed. Keep a diet routine or calendar to make a habit to predict how you respond and what progress you make along the way.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post partum stabbing pain in labia bleeding taking motrin treatment
- Stabbing pain in uterus spotting earlier period suggestions
- What is the treatment for stabbing pain in groin area
- Treatment and cure for Stabbing pain
- Stabbing pain in stomach back pain burping gas treatment
- Severe stabbing pain numbness and tingling in the vagina treatment
- Diarrhea sharp stabbing pain in stomach treatment options
- Headaches stabbing pain behind ear dizziness burning smell treatment options
- 8 years old stabbing pain in temples chiari malformation treatment
- Pregnant sharp stabbing pain in abdomen and scapula suggest
- What does blood in urine after a spider bite suggest?
- Suggest treatment for high phosphorus content in body
- What causes swelling in the face area?
- What are the symptoms of lyme disease?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue and excessive tiredness
- What causes Fever, headache, chest pain and shortness of breath in...
- What causes swelling and pain in left lower sternum area?
- Is pregnancy possible in women with endometrial hyperplasia?
- Suggest remedy for pain from tumor on the liver
- Can Methadone be taken along with Subutex?