Suggest treatment for pinching sensation and itching all over skin

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Elderly Problems
Question: I had been feeling like pinching sensation and itching in my skin of my whole body
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need elaboration..

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the late reply. Honestly, the reported symptoms are too vague and broad. And a doctor sitting at other end of computer without a physical exam will not be able to have an useful discussion. So let me start by asking a few questions and see if I can figure out the problem.

1. At first, I would like to know how long you been having this problem?
2. Does it last the whole day? Does the intensity of itching change diurnally?
3. Do you notice factors that worsens / improves it?
4. Do you have skin rashes / lesions?
5. If there are other symptoms, please describe?
6. Do you suffer from other chronic medical condition?
7. Are you on regular pills? If so may I ask you to list them out?

These are few questions that might help consider some of the causes of itching / pinching. That being said, the most common cause at this age is senile xerosis which means dry skin secondary to aging. I treat this problem with good every day moisturizing and claritin lotion.

Awaiting for more information.