• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pimples on the penile shaft

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have a single pimple like bump on my Penis shaft head. It is painless and sometimes a white fat like substance forms in the middle of it. Sometime i remove it by squeezing it after it is dry. From past 2 days the pimple has grown little big not very big not sure why. Kindly let me know medicines and how to get rid of this pimple like protrusion permanently. Attached photo for reference. I am single and rarely have sexual intercourse always using condom.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Molluscum contagiosum

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.
It is molluscum contagiosum. Single, dome shaped, pearly white lesion with a central umblication/ indentation.
Genital molluscum is an STD. The infection is caused by a virus i.e molluscum contagiosum virus.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Hello sir.
what is the treatment for Molluscum kindly suggest any cream or powder or how much time it would take to disappear naturally as it is there since past 2 years. What precautions should be taken to reduce it.
Kindly provide solution.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for genital molluscum

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

I suggest that you get it removed with either electrocautery or freezing. It is a very minor procedure. Topical medicines might not work that well. You may visit a doctor in your vicinity for the needful. Genital molluscum is an STD and therefore you must screen for other STDs like HSV (Genital Herpes), HIV and VDRL (Syphilis).

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist