Suggest treatment for pimples on the jawline
i did not take photo for the pimple that was on the on my jawline. i had a bump that hurt for couple of days.. it only hurt when i touched it. then after 2 or 3 days it formed 2 bump. the bump had white tip but bottom of white tip was clear reddish fluid. i had popped it after couple of few days. when i popped it there was a bit of blood, clear fluid, and bit of white pus.
i had cold sore on my lip. i remember that it was just clear fluid.
so what could these 2 pimples on my jawline was? i want to make sure it wasnt cold sore...im very anxious every time i see anything on my face now
Please upload an image.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Cold sores actually occur due to infection with a herpes virus. These viruses stay dormant in the nerve endings and whenever there is a drop in immunity (as in case of cough and cold) the sore manifest. It is not a cause of concern but may indeed be bothersome.
The white pus and slight amount of blood however does not seem to speak in favor of cold sores. Rather, they are more likely to be due to infections of sebaceous glands (oil secreting glands that produce the cheesy substance) getting infected (commonly called acne).
I would insist you to upload an image of the pimples on your jawline. Based on your inputs I would guide you further.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest suitable treatment for pimples on face
- Suggest treatment for post pimple scars
- Suggest treatment for itching face and pimples
- Suggest treatment for pimples
- Suggest treatment for infected pimples on head
- Pimples on cheeks and forehead suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pimples caused by dandruff
- Suggest treatment for acne and pimples
- Suggest treatment for pimple and tanning
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis