Suggest treatment for pimples on the ear lobe

Posted on Tue, 20 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I have two pimples on upper ear lobe on top of ear . Is this okay?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

If these are just regular appearing pimples, then that should not be anything worrisome. But can you send a couple of good quality digital photos of it from different angles, one close up? You can do this by using the "upload reports" button.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
I just took pic can u see
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not look concerning.

Detailed Answer:
Hi -

I was able to open the picture.

I see a couple of little slightly darker pink bumps. It doesn't look like anything concerning. I recommend just putting a very warm, wet washcloth on them 2-3 times/day for a few minutes, and that will help them resolve faster.

The ear has pores in the skin and those can get clogged like anywhere else on the body and accumulate oil or skin cells and that makes a pimple or small cyst. But it should go away like these do anywhere else.

I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 6 minutes later
Thank you I just worry about skin cancer
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this:

Detailed Answer:
Yes, that is a reasonable thing to be concerned about.

Basal cell, a type of skin cancer that doesn't spread and grows very slowly, can look a little like a pimple, but it won't get smaller and it won't go away. Basal cell is a raised growth that looks like a nodule.

If these pimples never go away, then do go in to be seen, but I think the contents of them will reabsorb over time and they will go away.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh