Suggest treatment for pimples on the buttocks
Oral and topical antibiotics and Oral vitamin A supplement
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
He seems to have lots of conical/ acuminate bumps (keratosis pilaris) on his buttocks skin and some of them are inflamed (visible as pus point) perhaps due to friction or itching /scratching.
I suggest a course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Cap. Amoxicillin or Cap. Cephalexin, 250mg, three times a day for a week. Topically you may apply an antibiotic ointment e.g either neosporin ointment or mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily. This would help resolve the inflammation.
For the keratosis pilaris I would suggest an oral Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate 25000IU, twice daily for 1or 2 months).
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest suitable treatment for pimples on face
- Suggest treatment for post pimple scars
- Suggest treatment for itchy pimples in legsforearms and buttocks
- Suggest treatment for pimples
- Suggest treatment for infected pimples on head
- Pimples on cheeks and forehead suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pimples caused by dandruff
- Suggest treatment for acne and pimples
- Suggest treatment for pimple and tanning
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis