Suggest treatment for pimples on neckline

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have never had pimples in my life now all of a sudden I have broken out and they are all down on the sides of my neckline I'm 26 and not on the pill why all of a sudden am I getting pimples? how do I get rid of them?
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is acne. Visit a dermatologist for examination

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us. Please upload a photo of the lesions so that I am better able to help you.

I understand your concerns about pimples on your neck. It is not so uncommon to get pimples in twenties. Sometimes you don't get acne in teenage but little late, which is, in my opinion, happening with you now.

Probable reasons at this stage could be
Stress
Hormonal imbalances
Or a side effect of some cosmetics which you might have used

You need to get an opinion of dermatologist as you will require antibiotic creams for present pimples.

However I would advise you following to prevent recurrence of acne
Use noncomedogenic facial cream (which do not clog your sweat and sebum gland pores)
Wash your face by salicylic or glycolic containing facewash (these materials will unclog pores)
Apply less oil on your hairs

I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for more information and follow up queries. I wish you good health and rapid recovery from pimples. Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia