Suggest treatment for pimple on scrotum

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have what i think was a pimple on my scrotum. I need a doctor to look at a picture and tell me if this is something i should be really worried about.

Please get back to me asap
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
probably foliculitis

Detailed Answer:
It looks to me like foliculitis which is caused by ingrown hair and there is more severe redness than usual so antibiotic therapy with amoxicillin may be required. Also, I suggest to do std testing since rarely but possible it may be sign of some stds. Wish you good health.regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 16 minutes later
can you let me know a good over the counter cream to use? or and remedies to make it go away quickly? It's painful, but more so I have a girlfriend who i don't want to get nervous
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
mild steroid cream should be used

Detailed Answer:
You should get mild corticosteroid cream for intimate areas which can be found in pharmacy,also hypertonic solution compress should be placed on this area for 1hour per days,instead of it you can use baths in warm salty water for 20-30 minutes. Bacitracin ointment can be used for more severe cases.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon