Suggest treatment for pimple-like bumps all over body

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I get skin tone pimple like things all over my body. I have no idea what they are but they are always there. Anyway my question is, I woke with a small red bump on each forearm. Is it possible that it is just one of the pimple things that are inflamed?
I uploaded a picture of the regular bumps and the inflammed one
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pictures are not clear, apply calamine lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have found through your picture and query.

From the picture it is difficult to say what it is as it is not that clear. Does it blanch on applying pressure? If it does NOT, it's likely to be an insect bite.

Has this ever happened before? Is there any pain associated with these bumps? What skin type do you have (oily, dry)? Do you have any allergies?

Presently I would suggest you to apply calamine lotion with alovera to the affected site.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 16 minutes later
It is hard to tell by putting pressure on it if it turns white because it is so tiny. When I pull the skin around it away from it it turns skin tone. It is not itchy and doesn't hurt. The skin on my face is oily but I haven't noticed it on my arms. I don't have allergies. I will say that in the past most bug bites tend to swell and itch when I get them. The skin tone bumps happen all the time, mostly on my upper arms and thighs but as I've gotten older I have noticed them in other spots, like the top of my forearm. These are on the underside of my forearm.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply calamine lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Good to hear from you.
Based on the information and picture, presently it does not seem anything, I would suggest you apply calamine lotion as suggested earlier for two to three days and you should be fine.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj