Suggest treatment for pimple and tanning

Posted on Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor. Actually i moved to a new place 2 months before and now pimples started coming in my face and my face is becoming dark. I am using jhonson baby soap for the last 18 months. I want to change my soap so please recommand me a change in soap and provide some soltions for the above problem
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acne face Detailed Answer: Hi , Thanks for the query. I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same. Now your problem is that of acne. Since you have recently moved to a new place, so such a change in place and climate is known to produce some degree of aggravation of the acne lesions. You have not provided any details about what medicines you are already using over the acne lesions. Before coming to the exact treatment, I would like you to follow certain precautions:  1. Avoid using any oily creams or lotions over face as much as possible. you can however use oil free moisturizers  2. Wash your face frequently inorder to keep it dry  3. Drink plenty of water  4. Try to avoid eating dry fruits  5.Avoid touching or squeezing of pimples  6. Avoid Hair oil  7. Always use a sunscreen (SPF> 26) when going out in the sun.This will help in further darkening of the face . Also it will prevent the development of acne scars. Now since you have active lesions of acne, you will have to start using an anti acne agent. Something like clindamycin gel is effective in most cases. It can be applied twice a day over the acne lesions. Also as far as the soap is concerned, it would be better to use a salicylic acid based face wash twice a day since it helps to control the acne lesions too. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Take care Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul MD( Dermatology)
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 6 minutes later
Thank you for the quick reply doctor Canyou please provide a facewash and sunscreen names, so that i can get it easily. And regarding soap can i continue with jhonson baby soap
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acne face Detailed Answer: Hi again You can start using Saslic foaming 1 % face wash. Along with it, you can use neutrogena dry touch sun block 50 Spf. You can wash your face with the above face wash twice a day. In addition, if you need to wash it more often, then you can use the johnsons soap. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 8 minutes later
Thanks a lot sir
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Best of health Detailed Answer: You are most welcome Wishing you speedy recovery Do follow up in case of any problems. Dr Geetika Paul
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist