Suggest treatment for pilonidal sinus

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 30 Jul 2016 in Lump
Question: I'm 18 yrs old. I noticed my inners getting damp very often and I think it's coming out of my anus. I have a pilonidal sinus but I haven't gotten it removed. Also I have been drinking a lot of red bull because of exams. Are they connected?There is no pain whatsoever. Should I go see a doctor immediately?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to mucus discharge.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dampness of your inners could be due to mucus discharge from the anus. Amount of Mucus discharge from the anus varies from individual to individual. It may be more in your case.It can be considered normal.
Another possibility for dampness could be due to discharge from the PILONIDAL SINUS.This sinus has external opening. It discharges material like pus,serous fluid which causes dampness of the inners.
It is not related to Redbull.
It is not an emergency. So,you can consult your doctor when you become free.
But,PILONIDAL SINUS has to be operated. There is no medical management for it.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D