Suggest treatment for pilonidal sinus while on Linezolid

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 29 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: 23 yrs/F diagnosed Pilonidal sinus .had undergone surgery on 21/3/17.Post -operative ,pt was on Linezolid with dressing on alternate days .request to guide on prognosis in this case,and aslso whether other patient needs to be evaluated by other surgeon .
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Satisfactory till date.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,wound is healthy,it may take another 2-3 wks for proper healing by alternate day dressing and antibiotic cover.Avoid long sitting pay particular attention to hygiene.
If there is no pain or fever than there is no need to consult another doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana