Suggest treatment for pilonidal abscess
Bactrim,oral painkillers and warm application.
Since one doctor has already attempted to drain it without success, you can take bactrim, oral painkillers and warm application at site of abscess.
This will relieve your pain and may also resolve the abscess completely or partly.
In partly resolved abscess warm application will help in head formation and in that case a second attempt to drain the abscess can be undertaken.
Hope this helps.Also keep the area clean and do check out for head formation or pus draining out intermittently.
Hope this helps.Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pilonidal abscess has moved
- Pilonidal abscess autism penis
- Pilonidal abscess side affects
- Pilonidal abscess breaststroke swimming
- Topical analgesic for pilonidal abscess
- Pilonidal abscess leaking
- Pilonidal abscesses in newborn
- Ecoli pilonidal abscess
- Pilonidal abscess antibiotic dosage
- Fucidin for pilonidal abscess?