Suggest treatment for pigmented scar on nose

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a pimple in my nose and i picked it off nw it has turned into a black mark on my nose ...wat to apply for it ??
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pigmented scar ,take treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
You seem to have developed a pigmented scar over the face .
Apply a topical skin lightening agent like kojic acid cream over the affected area twice daily .
Use a medicated sunscreen with spf more than 26 regularly before going out in the sun .Apply it atleast thirty minutes before going out and re apply every three hourly.
This will prevent any further darkening of the lesion .

Dr Geetika Paul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Ya i applied depiwhite cream on the first day and my skin got burnt thn i applied liquid paraffin
Nw doctor has advised to put topcort oinment ..will it work ??
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction need to be treated first

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

You seem to have developed an allergic reaction to depiwhite cream .
You might have to apply the medicine as advised by your doctor for few days to relieve the allergy completely .
Thereafter ,you can start application of kojic acid cream which is a mild and well tolerated lightening agent .

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist