• question-icon

Suggest treatment for phimosis

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: The foreskin of my penis is sticking and doesn't move backward at all. I cannot see the gland since a year or so. What is the reason and how can it be treated?
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Phimosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question and i understand your concern.

When the foreskin does not go back and you can not see the glans means that you have what we call phimosis. It is caused by an infection( lead to inflammation), trauma , that make scars in the foreskin so it can not move back.

The treatment consist of :
-Using steroids cream (0.05% bethamethasone) twice/day for 4-6 weeks .
-If the steroids are not effective , the second choice is surgery(circumcision).

You need to go to a local doctor so he / she can examine you and will explain you more.

Hope, I have answered your question.Let me know if you have any further questions.

Take Care !
Dr Balliu .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rudina Balliu