Suggest treatment for phimosis

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi Another question: I have somthing as first stage of fimosis. Have a problrm by pasing foreskin over glende.I am all redy using novaglen creme,it help. Look like i am gona have circomsizion at some point.In my age what would be advice from you Doctors? What are my options?What tipe of operation I could have? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Circumcision is al you need if phimosis progresses!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting us.

Phimosis prevent free movement of the foreskin over the glans penis. This often results from scarring following wound healing. If it persists and gets worse, surgery to remove the foreskin permanently is the sole surgery required. If this is already impacting your life that much and there is no strong opposition in your beliefs to circumcision, I will suggest you consider doing so now so that the problem can be resolved once and for all.

In all, circumcision is the lone surgery to address this. Delaying it in my opinion is not the best option unless your have very strong beliefs against circumcision. Your age is no problem getting good circumcision.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
Thank you for you immidiet answer. I do not have any problem with circumscision, I just would like to have that posibility to have that Novaplast option ,but all riserches guide me to clasic surgery.I am asking ,is it surgery only option or there is other option for my age?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will advise classical surgery!

Detailed Answer:

I will prefer classical surgery fro you. That I am sure of and can guarantee the results. There are some other methods but they are not best indicated in your case and age.

I wish you well. Keep me posted with your final decision and plan.