Suggest treatment for phimosis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am a male 26 year old unmarried. From the last six months I have pain and pinching feeling in the veins of left side of my penis shaft and in the left side of the glans area. This pain increases especially during or after erection. and after ejaculation the pinching and pain appears in several places in penis veins including left side of glans. the redness appears in glans area and rednesst increases after erection. Apart from this I have pinching feeling in the left side of the anus especially if I sit on a chair or ride a bike. The pain eases if I sleep. This pinching and pain increases after defecation and can sometimes eases as the day progresses. sometimes i feel heaviness in the entire reason of area in the left side of anus to the area around left scrotum.
I consulted with a urologist 3 months back and he asked for a semen culture test which showed heavy growth of K. Pneumoniae. He then gave me Levofloxacin 500mg for 7 days and when pain around anus didnt improved he further increased the medicine for 15 more days. But my pain still not at ease.
Foreskin of my penis is tight so I remember once i tried to pull my foreskin during erection it pained a lot and had immense pressure on my glans. I can pull foreskin without erection but during erection its almost impossible as my glans also swallow at that time. I am facing this problem from around that time, so I fear If there is any damage to the veins.
My all other reports are normal such as KUB, IVU, abdomen ultrasound, urine routine.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have Phimosis which needs to be treated with surgery (Circumcision)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Based on the facts and symptoms that you have I would state that you have infection of Prostate (Prostatitis) which is confirmed by semen culture report .

Ideally Prostatitis takes long time to get cured hence one needs to take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report along with anti inflammatory medication Diclofenac twice daily for 6 weeks .

The pain in penis on left side is mostly due to thrombosis of superficial dorsal veins of penis and can be cured with applying Thrombophob ointment over penis twice
daily.

As regards tightness of foreskin and painful retraction of it over glans penis during erection it is due to Phimosis .The only best treatment option is to get Circumcised .
This surgery offers permanent cure and helps to have enjoyable sex through out the life .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
What is the cause for pain in the left side of my anus? As soon as I sit on chair it causes pain. Also when I defecate it causes pain and pinching not during defecation but after some time and I really feel restless at that moment and I cant even concentrate on my work. Its from the last 5 or 6 months so you can understand my anxiety.
Also do I have to retest my semen culture as my problem is not resolved yet.
I also feel uneasiness in my left scrotum.
Also How this thrombosis occurred to me? Can i start using the Thrombophob ointment right away? Are there any side effects associated with it and what are the precautions that I must take care of? Upto how many days I have to apply this ointment on my penis?
Its really anxious for me to experience these symptoms when I am not able to concentrate on my work and also I am an unmarried man.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain in anal region could be due to Prostatitis .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up ,
Anus and Prostate has same nerve innervation by pudendal nerve hence pain in anal region could be due to referred pain due to prostatitis itself ,

Get your semn culture done after completion of course of antibiotics for 6 weeks .

Thrombosis of penile veins can be a part of same infective process of Prostatitis

Use Thrombophob twice daily .It will not have any side effect.

There is nothing to be worried abut i as the issue will get resolved with treatment ,

Thanks and Regards,
Dr,Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 days later
Thanku for answering the question.

I would like to know how could i contacted this infection as I am unmarried and never had sex.
Thrombophob should be aplied only on the foreskin or I should pull back my skin to apply on my glans as I have pain in my glans also.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to masturbation .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .
Prostatitis could have acquired from the contamination due to masturbation .

Apply Thrombophob only on shaft of the penis on a vein and not on glans penis .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr .Patil.