Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for persistent yeast infection

Dec 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4168 Questions
How can I treat a persistent yeast infection? It is topical only in the nether region. I have applied Lotrimin for several years and I am now suffering a really painful outbreak. The Dr. gave me a Dulcolox (?) tablet. Just one. I am concerned about taking it.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly send details Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern towards persistent yeast infection. Before I can answer your concern can you please take pains in letting me know certain important information regarding your problem: 1. Is it a previously diagnosed condition by a dermatologist or a certified medical practitioner as yeast infection. 2. Since how long the yeast infection is present. What are the areas affected- is it vaginal area or on inter-trigenous folds. 3. What are the symptoms you feel in your yeast infection- is it some discharge or redness or related thing. What is the type of discharge- is it curdy or watery or pus containing. 4. Is there any pain or itching over the same. If there any pain or itching then is it- mild/ moderate or severe. 4. How often in a year you get yeast infection. Anyhow, Dulcolax contains bisacodyl in it and is not at all a treatment for yeast infection, so kindly do not take it in terms of treatment of yeast infection. "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor