Owl Image

Suggest treatment for persistent vomiting

Owl Image
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Question
I have been struggling with vomitings from the last 2 years. once in a while i throw up my food. Last month, after going throuh multiple tests my doctor told that i am infected with H Pylori. She has suggested some medicine for a month and asked to consult again after 3 months to see if the bacteria still exists.
I am done with the medicine now and still I am vomiting my food sometimes.
Do you think the h pylori is the reason for my vomitings? Is there any permanent cure for it?

I am loosing my weight. my stomach is becoming full though i eat very small amount of food.
Could you please tell me the reason why I am infected with it? and also the foods need to be avoided and diet to follow .
I am gonna attach the test reports by tomorrow.
Please suggest.

Thanks XXXXXXX
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
I need to know further details

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
Probably you are suffering from Chronic Gastritis with Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease.
h.pylori infection is almost a type of recurring infection as we contract it from food and water. And in country like XXXXXXX it is almost impossible to maintain that classical hygiene.
To help you better I need following details:
1. For how many days did you took h.pylori treatment?
2. Any loose stools you have chronically?
3. Any smoking or alcohol consumption?
4. Do you take any pain killers?
5. Have you got your endoscopy done? If yes what is the report?
6. For many days after taking h.pylori treatment were you relieved?

Revert with these details preferably in point wise manner for a better help.
Stay Healthy.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for persistent vomiting 28 minutes later
Please find my answers..

1. For how many days did you took h.pylori treatment? --- last 1 month
2. Any loose stools you have chronically? ---
3. Any smoking or alcohol consumption? --- I dont smoke /Drink
4. Do you take any pain killers? -- No
5. Have you got your endoscopy done? If yes what is the report? -- Yes, I am going to attach the report by tmorrow
6. For many days after taking h.pylori treatment were you relieved? -- after 15 days or so

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
You have mentioned about Question no. 2 that is any frequent loose stools.
I would suggest you following:
1. To stop h.pylori treatment now and start taking a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
2. To take Sucralfate and Oxetaine syrup twice daily 1 hour before meals.
3. To take soft bland diet.

Also tell me following:
1. Any history of anemia?
2. Any history of black colored stools?
3. Do mention if you have chronic pain abdomen associated with chronic loose stools.

Revert with these details.
Good luck.