Suggest treatment for persistent vomiting, hot and cold flashes, sore throat and cough

Question
hi I believe I got food poisoned by eating raw fish, I havent eatin in 4 or 5 days besides throwing up. But now I have extreme hot cold flashes really sore throat so I cant talk, my coaghing is unstopple. I beleieve I got swine flu waiting in the emergecy room waiting room for 12 hours. they gave me no medication to cover any these symptoms.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infective sore throat

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

1)Do a clinical examination by your treating Doctor.

2)Do check your [complete blood count with differential]to know if it is viral or bacterial

3)Discuss with your Doctor about antibiotic, cough syrup and paracetamol for pain if bacterial infection found.

4)Do warm saline gargling three times a day and drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.

To prevent infection do like this-

1)Try to clean your hands. Proper hand cleaning is the best way to prevent all kinds of infections. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

2)Try to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

3)Don't share personal items and don't share drinking glasses or eating utensils. Wash those items carefully in hot, soapy water or in a dishwasher.

Hope that helps

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for persistent vomiting, hot and cold flashes, sore throat and cough 9 hours later
Yes that was a perfect! turns out when I went to the ER the first time for food poising they gave me an anti nausau med that ever time I took it it made me throw up. I went again two days later and because they made me sleep with the sick patient over night in the lobby until seeing the doctor I also caught the flu. Neither docors tested for the flu and the last one said I had some type of marijuana indueced sickness. so when I went in on christmass the 3rd doctor told me I had to take the flu test after i told her I had the flu as I knew I did. She said in order to take the test I had to take the same anti nausau medication I was described the first time which was in the notes. The nurse watched me take it cause I was just gonna throw it away. I got the cough syurp which helped alot but i still threw up multiply times when I got back because of the nausau med. they made me take. I am really disappointing in the state of Oregon doctors. I am from california and doctors never made mistakes like this. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Food poisoning

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned if your present symptoms are due to after ingestion of some food then you may follow like this -

1)Drink plenty of water because minerals such as sodium, potassium and calcium that maintain the balance of fluids in your body lost to persistent vomiting need to be replaced, so drink [ORS] fluid after each vomiting. You can make ORS fluid at home like this [Take 6 teaspoons of Sugar and take (1/2) teaspoon of Salt and add to 1 Liter of boiled water and then cooled].

2)Discuss with your treating Doctor about [ciprofloxacin]for secondary bacterial infection and [pantoprazole + domperidone]for nausea and vomiting if present.

To prevent it in future follow like this -

1)Try to wash your hands, utensils and food surfaces often. Wash your hands well with warm, soapy water before and after handling or preparing food. Use hot, soapy water to wash utensils, cutting boards and other surfaces you use.

2)Keep raw foods separate from ready to eat foods. When shopping, preparing food or storing food, keep raw meat, poultry, fish and shellfish away from other foods. This prevents cross-contamination.

3)Try to cook foods to a safe temperature. The best way to tell if foods are cooked to a safe temperature is to use a food thermometer. You can kill harmful organisms in most foods by cooking them to the right temperature.

4)Try to refrigerate perishable foods promptly within two hours of purchasing or preparing them. If the room temperature is above (32.2 C), refrigerate perishable foods within one hour.

5)If you aren't sure if food has been prepared, served or stored safely, discard it. Food left at room temperature too long may contain bacteria or toxins that can't be destroyed by cooking. Don't taste food that you're unsure about just throw it out.

Hope that helps