Suggest treatment for persistent vaginal discharge despite medication
i am 40 years old female having vaginal discharge for month .Discharge is white, clear strechy,and milky watery at times .I am having burning off and on also vulvar swelling.
I have tried clotramazole vaginal cream ,diflucan ,matranidazole oral and gel but there is no change.
All my tests ,culture, and for stds came negative.
Give it some time for the irritation from treatment to calm. May be normal.
Thank you for posting your question to HCM.
I'm sorry to read the even if you have tried the proper treatments, you still have discomfort.
Some tips I may give, that may help you are:
-- Sometimes if needs a little time after using the treatment to normalise. The creams have in itself an irritating effect and that may cause burning and swelling in vulva.
-- The STD cultures have a positive fals negative result of 40% (depends on the tests you have done though)...which means that sometimes even if they result negative we still give a course of treatment covering the most common STD, and treating the other partner too.
-- Woman have normaly discharge. Depending on hormonal level it will change on type and intensity.Bad odor and not white color is a sign of infection.
It looks to me that so far you have been doing the right treatments. Talk to your doctor about my suggestions, and decide together whats the next best thing to do.
Hope this is helpful.
If you need any more clarification, please let me know. I would be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for vaginal discharge
- Treatment and cure for green vaginal discharge
- Treatment and cure for Vaginal discharge
- What is the cause of persistent vaginal discharges
- Drugs/medication for Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal discharge treatment
- Treatment and cure for thick vaginal discharge
- Treatment and cure for excessive vaginal discharge
- White vaginal discharge suggest treatment
- Vaginal discharge hakeem treatment