question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent vaginal bleeding and tender breasts during menopause

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: I am asking for my mom. She has just started going through menopause but seems to be having complications and I am worried about her. She said that she bled for 20 days straight and her breasts have been too tender to even touch for over a month now. She has been gaining wait at a rapid pace even though she is watching what she's eating and staying active. She feels concerned but won't see a doctor. Do you have any ideas what might be going on?
Answered by Dr. Soumya (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Endometrial thickness increase

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

The bleeding could be due to increased Endometrial thickness. This could be a form of cancer.

There could be other reasons like fibroid or polyps in the uterus.

However ultrasound scan is required to identify the exact problem so that it can be treated at the earliest. She needs to see a doctor soon.

let me know if you need anymore help.
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN