Suggest treatment for persistent urine infection
My father has urine infection since 1 year and this time it showed pus cell as unlimited. Can you please tell me what does it mean and how this time infection can be controlled. Should we go for urine culture test this time to overcome this again.
He can't go for surgery since he has stunt in his heart and multiple problems are there because of which Dr advised not to have surgery. bcoz it is risky in his case.
He has got on his knees swelling all of a sudden and after next 3-4 days we have seen that swelling is spread to nearby knees. could that be because of unlimited pus cell .......urine infection.
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
A cause like enlarged prostate or some renal stone or some other problem must be there which is responsible for the persistent urine infection.
Unless and until cause is removed,this urine infection will remain persistent.
Since you have mentioned that he can not be operated,it means the cause of infection has been diagnosed which in my opinion should be an enlarged prostate.
I don't agree with the point that he can not be operated.
Modern surgical methods and anaesthesia can definitely get your father a safe surgery.
Get the urine culture done and start antibiotics accordingly.
Consult a good urologist of a good hospital.
As far as swelling of knees is concerned,it seems to be a case of either infective or reactive arthritis.It happens secondary to the infection present somewhere else in the body.In your father case severe urine infection should be the cause for it.
Consult your doctor and get the blood tests,X ray knee joints and examination of fluid from the knee joint.
Antibiotic course and anti inflammatory medicines should take care of urine infection as well as knee joint swelling but must get the surgery done.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for urine infection
- Blood in urine infection treatment
- Urine infection treatment
- Suggest medication for urine infection
- What treatment is suggested for recc urine infection
- Treatment and cure for urine infection tuberculosis
- Ayuvedic treatment for urin infection
- Antibiotics for urine infection treatment
- Natural treatment for urine infection
- Treatment and cure for controlled urine infection
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?