Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
Detailed evaluation and antibiotics are needed.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic for your health related queries.
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description, it seems that you are experiencing recurrent attacks of UTI( urinary tract infection). I think you have't had any detailed evaluation for the same.
You don't need to worry regarding this because UTI is a readily treatable condition and complications are highly unlikely.
We can not say whether it is due to Chlamydia or not by symptoms only. If we do a urine culture, we can rule out Chlamydia.
I suggest you to consult a general physician and get the following things done:-
(1)- Do a urine routine examination to confirm UTI. You have to do a urine culture and sensitivity examination to find out what pathogen causing the infection. We can also rule out Chlamydial infection by culture.
(2)- Antibiotic therapy is essential, You can go for norfloxacin or nitrofurantoin as advised by your physician. In resistant cases intrvenous drugs may be required.
(3)- You can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen in case of fever and pain.
(4)- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Cranberry juice is effective in UTI as it act as a urinary antiseptic.
(5)-Check your blood sugar level to rule out diabetes which can cause recurrent UTI.
(6)- Maintain good personal hygiene.
One thing you should keep in mind that,never skip antibiotics even if you feel better.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection
- Female urinary tract infection treatment
- Male urinary tract infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurring urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection treatment
- Urinary tract infection amoxicillin treatment
- Treatment vre urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection pregnancy treatment
- Esbl urinary tract infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection and vaginal infection
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?