Suggest treatment for persistent throat congestion in a child
Hello. I just read through your question.
Throat clearing, as it seems you already know, is sometimes a sign of allergy. That's why we try an antihistamine. There are several available antihistamines though. Usually if one is not working well enough, I recommend to try one of the other ones. This might be a good idea for your daughter.
I think it is too soon to give up on the Claritin. I would continue through the weekend. If at that point there is still no response, you could move to the next one.
Ideally I like to give a week. But realistically, we know after 3-4 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Soar throat congestion blood
- Mucinex for throat congestion
- Levocet for throat congestion
- Tightness in lower throat congestion
- Diagnosis of throat congestion
- Treatment and cure for throat congestion
- Symptoms of throat congestion
- Goitre and throat congestion
- Throat congestion causes
- Throat congestion mucus formation dry nose need treatment