Suggest treatment for persistent swelling of the legs

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear sir,
I am using
cetanil M 50 mg
Atorfit CV 10
Biolsar 40 HS
I am getting water in my legs from knees to foot. Will it become a big problem or is there any alternative.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Find the cause and treat the same . Details as below

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
I am Dr. Mody and I would be addressing your concern .
Of all the medication you have mentioned , the only one which can cause some degree of leg swelling is clinidipine component of cetenil.
However the extent of swelling you describe is generally not seen just due to medication use .
I would strongly suggest that you see your doctor and get at least an echo cardiology done to rule out heart as the cause of this limb swelling , other reasons why ut may happen commonly is decreased hemoglobin, low proteins particularly albumin, hypothyroidism and renal dysfunction .
CBC , Renal Function Test , S. albumin and S. Tsh along with evaluation of heart pumping by 2d echo would complete the basic workup
So investigating the above parameters and treating the cause should be the best way forward.

You may upload the investigation and more details about clinical history so I can guide you better .
Regards Dr. Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng